Sunday, October 07, 2007

Arcade Fire is playing on my camera

So last night I was given the lucky option to attend a free LCD Soundsystem/Arcade Fire show. This being my first time to Randall's Island and I wasn't too impressed. As I got in line to the Stairway to port-a-potty heaven I looked out along the field and saw just how cruddy it was. No matter, S.Wan aka Swan got me free tickets to my first LCD SS and AF show, so I couldn't complain. Little did I know this would be Arcade Fire's last concert in NYC for two years!

The video I got during the show doesn't really compare to this video below that I captured right after the show, when Arcade Fire decided to have a surprise encore right next to the stage. They covered the Violent Femmes' "Kiss Off." Lucky for me the BrooklynVegan posted the vid and gave me credit. Later on I found out the video is posted on Stereogum. As of right now, it's the 7th most commented article on Stereogum. Yup. All I can say is I'm pumped. The days of me moonlighting as a video reporter have begun. ha.

Amen for my camera. I love that thing.

Thanks BV and Stereogum. ;)

No comments:

This Is What Happens When You Drink Toooo Much.

This Is What Happens When You Drink Toooo Much.
...you put wine bags over your head and dance like Elaine from Seinfeld